Acne can strike at any age so you need to know how to get rid of acne when it strikes. When it attacks, it’s usually just before a date or an important meeting.
- Stop popping your zits! Tempting as this is, it only makes things worse. It can also leave permanent acne scars.
- Use a mild soap when you wash – this will help get rid of acne. Preferably a natural soap that really will be gentle on your skin.
- Exfoliate regularly to get rid of acne. You can use natural exfoliants – ground walnut shells work a treat – or shop-bought exfoliants. Either way, don’t over-do it.
- Use a skin toner to help get rid of the bacteria that gather in the pores of your skin.
- Check your diet to see whether changing what you are eating could be the easiest way to get rid of acne.
Whilst none of these tips will necessarily get rid of acne overnight, there are some other things you can do to reduce the visibility of your acne.
More about how to get rid of acne
One of the common things that people do use to disguise their acne is toothpaste. This can work so long as you’re skin isn’t sensitive to the toothpaste, so try it on an out-of-the way area first. Before you go to bed at night, put some toothpaste on the affected area (make sure it really is a paste, not one of the more modern tooth gels) and cover it with a bandage. In the morning, just wash off the toothpaste and your skin should look better.
How To Get Rid Of Acne Quick – What To Do Next
Whether you use a totally natural way to get rid of acne or a prescription from your doctor or something from your local chemist, the next thing is to make sure your acne doesn’t come back.
These tips will help you get rid of acne:
- Drink plenty of water. Your body needs water to stay hydrated and to remove the toxins that occur. Drinking more water (aim for 8 glasses a day if you can) will help remove these toxins naturally, rather than letting them erupt as acne.
- Don’t stress about your acne. When you stress out, chances are that your acne will get worse. I find hypnosis tracks are a good way to unwind.
- Make sure you get enough sleep. Staying up all night won’t help your skin.
- Change your pillow case daily. Your face is resting on for likely 8 hours a day, so keep it clean!
- Make sure you’re getting enough vitamins in your diet. A vitamin deficit will hinder your recovery. The most recommended vitamin is B5 but unless your eating really healthily, I’d suggest taking a good quality multi vitamin as well.